Well this workshop is for you.
In this class you will:
- Learn a little about colour theory and colour mixing, not too much as that is a workshop by itself, but enough so you are able to understand why some colours work together and others don't, and how to - and how not to - mix paint.
- Learn a little about quality and types of acrylic paints and other materials.
- Learn warm up exercises to get you thoroughly in the mood to paint.
- Use professional acrylic paints on a profession stretched canvas.
- Use interesting household items other than brushes to apply paint.
- Use paints, pencils, stencils and papers to create colourful and interesting layers to build up your abstract painting.
- Learn a great skill in a fun and supportive environment.
- Go home with a finished artwork.
"Jenn is such a wonderful teacher and is so patient and encouraging. If you have the opportunity to take a class from Jenn you should do it, in addition to learning new skills and unleashing your creative spirit you will be immersed in the beautiful world of Jenn, her laugh, her heart, her delightful stories and personality will win you over. I cannot wait for my next art class with her." Julie, Forresters Beach painting her firsts abstract
This class has a maximum of four students. A small group classes will enable you to receive individual attention, allow you to ask as many questions as you need and generally produce a heightened learning environment.
The class is held in my wonderful studio at Umina Beach. My studio is the bottom floor of my pole home in a bush environment, so there are lots of trees and birds around. We will have a small break for a cuppa half way through on the deck just off the studio.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about this class, I'd love to hear from you.
This painting experience would also be a great idea as a gift for your mum, friend, aunt or YOU!
No experience required, just enthusiasm and the desire to learn. This class would suit beginners through to those with some experience in painting.
What to Bring:
Just yourself and enthusiasm, we will provide everything else.
An apron will be provided, but please just wear clothes that you wouldn't mind if they were splashed with a bit of paint.
Other Things to Note:
:: A minimum of two students will be required for the class to go ahead. You will be notified two days prior if the class is to be postponed. Please contact me at any time for updates, or check with my website.
:: Please be aware that there are some stairs to navigate in my front garden leading down to my studio.
:: My studio is on the bottom level of a pole house which is set set up high off the ground, and there are no boundary fences between us and most of the neighbours, therefore it is not suitable for children.
:: COVID Safe: I am approved by the Central Coast Council for maximum of six students in my studio area.
"Thank you Jenn. As a true beginner I feel so inspired & well informed after my Beginners class with you. I love your creativity & passion, & your studio is such a wonderful place to be. It was hard to leave ! I'm already thinking about which class to do next." Melissa, Berowra